If you have ever shipped something, you know that some items are more complicated to ship than the rest. Either the procedure will the lengthy, or there will be more shipping restrictions. This guide will solely focus on letting you guys know what you can ship and cannot ship internationally or domestically through any logistics provider. By the end, you will learn how items are categorized as deliverable or not.
Items for shipment come with restrictions if there lies a chance of them being dangerous in transit. Even though restricted items are deliverable, providing that all the safe shipping instructions are followed. They must be packaged and labeled as per the particular courier provider.
The shipping instructions for restricted items most likely include additional safety packaging and other safety measures that ensure safe transport.
Why do you think courier service providers or logistics companies impose different shipping restrictions? Well, any variation in the shipping restrictions is more or less similar, with slight differences based on the country and shipping laws.
Such restrictions are proactive measures to make shipping services more proper and safe. Correctly packaged and labeled shipments are easy to handle and prevent accidental damage to the items in transit.
In a sense, domestic courier services may have less rigid shipping restrictions than international ones. Because international shipping laws are more lucrative.
As much as it is the service provider’s responsibility to follow the shipping restrictions, the customers also must be aware of them. You can learn more about different countries shipping rules and regulations by visiting their official websites.
As per the United States transportation laws, goods or items are categorized into three sections –
- Restricted goods (can be shipped with additional measures).
- Banned or prohibited goods (cannot be shipped at all).
- Unique items with an export license (can be shipped).
What can you ship?
International and domestic shipping laws must indeed be followed. But, above that, logistics and courier service providers also have different shipping rules. Before you ship your items out, ask them about it.
You can ship restricted items following some additional restrictions or rules. It could be different packaging, a limit on shipping quantity, or any other limitation. If not, you might require a shipping permit for that item or an exclusive license to export to your target location.
So, the list of restricted items for international shipping is as follows:
- Retail tobacco products
- Tranquilizing guns & ammunition
- Project cargo
- Precious metals like platinum, gold, and silver.
- Perishable goods.
- Valuable artwork between US $250,000 – US $500,000 and higher.
- Medical devices like computer chips, microchips, CPUs, microprocessors, etc., have distribution permits, licenses, and per state laws.
- Lithium and lithium-ion metal batteries
- Personal effects and household goods.
- Radioactive materials
- Gems (cut or uncut)
- Fresh foodstuffs
- Organic peroxides
- Toxic substances like liquid or solid
- Flammable gas
- Harmful wet flammable solids
- Combustible flammable solids
- Flammable gas
- Class 8 corrosives
- Class 9 miscellaneous like dry ice, lithium batteries, etc.
- Antiquities, artwork, and archeological artifacts
- Etiological and biological agents
- Non-toxic and non-flammable gas
- Explosives like model rocket motors and airbags.
- Class 3 flammable liquids
Are you surprised that dangerous goods can be shipped? Yes, they can be shipped with utmost attention and care during transit. Any minor error could cause heavy damage. The ADR and IATA (International Air Transport Association) regulate the shipping of dangerous goods.
So, here goes the list of dangerous goods:
- Insecticides, pesticides, toxic herbicides, or toxic substances like poison.
- Organic peroxides or oxidizing materials like hair dyes.
- Lighters, matches, lighter refills.
- Biological substances that may contain infectious pathogens or another agent.
- Compressed and toxic gases like fire extinguishers.
- Flammable solids like potassium
- Flammable liquids like acetone
- Ammunition or explosives like flares and fireworks.
- Environmental wastes.
- Seat belt pretensioners
- Solid carbon dioxide
- Cells or batteries
- Alcoholic beverages with more than 24% alcohol level.
- Aerosols like deodorants and hairspray
What can you not ship?
You cannot ship prohibited or banned goods/items at any cost. No permit or additional protection goes around with banned items for shipping.
This list of banned items/goods applies globally to all courier providers:
- Livestock or animals.
- Illegal goods like narcotics and counterfeit products
- Semi-precious and precious stones
- Bullion of any metal
- Cash legal tender
- Ashes or human remains
- Aminal hunting trophies or animal parts like shark fins, tiger heads, ivory tusks, etc.
- Animal by-products not for human consumption
Knowing this shipping restrictions and regulations list will help you prepare for future shipments. And note that these shipping restrictions on certain goods and items are applicable worldwide. There might be slight differences based on particular courier service providers, though. If you are shipping something breakable, use super secure packaging to prevent breakage. Added security is always good, like the real-time tracking system.
Proven Methods to Increase Traffic to Your Website
What’s the Difference Between DevOps and Agile?
What Can You Do To Bring Greener Practices Into The Workplace?
What Are The Things To Know About Refrigerator Filters?
How Can Social Media be Incorporated in Classrooms by Educators?
The 5 Biggest Freelance Challenges & the Top Solutions
JBL is From Which Country – Find Out Everything About it Here
Top 10 Games Like Stardew Valley- Best Simulation RPG Game Of All Time
Discuss the Future of Machine Learning
BoAt Company Belongs to Which Country? Is BoAt a Chinese Company Or Indian? Which is BoAt Company Origin Country?
Miscellaneous4 weeks ago
Subnautica Below Zero Map – Know About Complete World Map and Coordinates 2021
Gaming1 year ago
Is Conan Exiles Cross Platform? Check Out The Facts Here – 2021
Gaming1 year ago
IoT and Gaming – A World of Unlimited Possibilities!
Mobile3 weeks ago
Vivo Company Belongs to Which Country? Vivo Made in Which Country? Is Vivo Chinese Company?